During COP 21 Natixis took stock of its commitments. Through its various global businesses it has an expert panel able to cover most of the issues regarding the environment protection:
- financing of renewable energy for over 20 years. It works for all the technologies (solar, wind, hydropower and biomass),
- support of energy efficiency and promotion of sustainable infrastructure. (For new and existing buildings),
- support of the Green bonds’ development (bonds that carry a social and / or environmental benefit) in the world. Natixis is an active member of the Green Bond Principles as several of its trades are involved in the Green bonds booming market,
- development and availability of methodological innovations. Natixis has developed (with the firm Carbone 4) an innovative method to measure the carbon impact of portfolios,
- Strategic commitments to stop financing coal industries,
- Responsible management of the direct impacts of its activities. Natixis is included in the major indices of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Euronext Vigeo-Eurozone STOXX Global ESG Leaders, etc.