One of the new signatories of the charter Paris Action Climat, Carmine SA, painting company, set himself the challenge, along with the association Recherche Qualité Environnementale and 11 SME, to renovate Lossier hangars at Le Bourget airport with a “zero carbon construction work”.
Several initiatives have been implemented to ensure the neutrality of the carbon emission during this construction work:
- Cantonments installations powered by gas cylinders and solar panels
- Provision of two cleaning stations supplied by solar panels, to manage the cleaning of tools and to handle the paint wastes. This installation is compatible with the “Zero Discharge Program” which aims to protect groundwater.
- Used of cleaning products with a high environmental quality, non flammable, non toxic and manufactured in France.
- All waste of the site will be recycled by an outside provider
- Carbon offsetting will be ensured by a reimbursement process in Madagascar.
This first “zero carbon construction work” in France illustrates the responsible commitment of Carmine SA in reducing its carbon footprint, and let suggest many more ambitious projects for the future.
The article is available on http://www.carmine.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/FICHE-CHANTIER-PROJET-PILOTE.pdf